So... Yay?

After spending an amazing time in Europe, specifically Aachen, here I am back in Chandigarh. And it would have been okay if I was not comparing Germany to India all the time. But I am. And it is quite boring + annoying.
Anyhow.

I am back in my natural habitat, and by that I mean my decked out room. Surprisingly, everything is still working after nearly 9 months of unsupervised operation. There were a few glitches, but it performed way better than my expectations, which were maybe 2 weeks without some maintenance.


So... yay?


But it does not matter because we probably have to shift soon. Thankfully this gives me a free hand in implementing certain things that I always wanted to have, but could not. Obviously LED lights in every room are there on the list, along with more unconventional upgrades such as a proper solar setup, CAT6 Ethernet in every room, A proper NAS system for the house, and hopefully, if feasible, a separate 12VDC wiring in at least 1 room.

But that is all speculation at this point. Currently, I would be heading off to Vijayawada and help with the establishment of an advanced robotics training center. (WUT?)

By the way, here is my Internship thesis, in case anyone is interested. Have fun! And let me know if you want to use any part of this for your own use.

Although I had only a few weeks at home, I already have a small project I am working on. It's a pump controller with dry run protection, and I intend to use ultrasonic sensors to do that. Let's see how that goes. Hopefully, I can finish that before I leave.

Apart from that, I decided liquid cooling my Linux laptop is not worth it, so I am converting it into a standalone desktop type thingy. Basically cooling it with a lga775 stock cooler and a slim 80mm CoolerMaster fan. Peak temperatures under heavy load max out at 55 C. As a reminder, a local repair guy messed up the threads on the mounting mechanism of the original heatsink which caused the temperature to always hover above 100C. In case you have any doubts, it should never exceed 85C.

I also finally got an actual WiFi router. The old Edimax one I had was terrible. And I could not even access the settings. And it was 150 Mbps. And it was combined ADSL + Router. Now I have got the Netgear Nighthawk with a combined bandwidth of 1600Mbps.

So... yay?

Enough talking. I flew back from Paris, so here are the obligatory Paris pics. Had no tripod, plus summers are kind of annoying in Europe because it never really gets dark before midnight. So night pics are also missing.


Along with that, I just want to say thanks to all the wonderful people who I met during this time. From the random Syrian Doc who helped me with my bus pass to my amazingly cool and slightly racist (in a great way) neighbor. Every one of you made my experience just that extra bit special.  This post would be too long if I named every individual person I met. But to every individual out there - YOU ARE AWESOME!  :)


As always, feel free to share these photos. 
I loved where I was living.


The best Sunshower I have seen


The red streets of Kelmis - Belgium


Awe-sterdam

On one side, a road with cars, on the other a canal with boats!






Rijksmuseum


A moment of silence




Obligatory


Under the tower and Dreaming

SkyCity



Arc de Triomphe

low

Louvre



Monschau was a total surprise


I want a home here






That's actually seeds floating in the air.

Enjoy the pics, the thesis, if you are that sort of person, and hopefully I can document some other projects for this blog before 2020. Because that's just how committed I am.

I want to finish this post with an internet quote I saw, which from personal experience I can verify is correct.




vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit.

Feedback and comments are welcome, as always.


Oh, I would officially be an engineer next month.

So... Yay?

Comments

Most viewed posts

Jewel of the Summertime - (2022 edition)

Dead Wishes of The Optimist

Servomotor Serendipity - Teil Zwei