What I Did for 2 Years... (In Short)

Hello again!

Its been 2 years since I stopped blogging, and MANY things have changed since then, including myself. For example, I have realized that Science and Technology are the only way forward for humans. I no longer believe in religion, and the only thing that affects our lives is what we do. Only our actions matter.

Enough philosophy for now.

I cultivated many new hobbies which include customizing android smartphones. I was quite famous (for a short while) on XDA, as AcedExplorerABL. Then I focused again on tinkering with PC's and now no PC in my home has Windows on it. Also, I found the remaining of my creativity lying hidden in Photography.



Ocimum tenuiflorum or "Tulsi" plant in my Backyard



So, in total, I've been busy doing everything possible (and legal), except studying.

There are many things I have to (and hopefully, will) share with all of you. But the thing I have on the top of my head is just a random thought that came to me while watching Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Cosmos Reboot.

He said that the farther we look in the cosmos, the older the light gets. This comes from the fact that light from the sun reaches us in 8 minutes and some seconds and by extension the light reaching us now, should be around 13.6 billion years old, which is approx the age of the Universe.


One of the type of Photo I'm Dying to Capture

This also can be deduced from the speed at which the universe is expanding, for us. In one second, a distance of 299792458 meters comes into view for us. This is governed by the speed of light, which obviously is the maximum speed limit for our universe.

The statement implies that as we look deeper and farther into space, the light reaching us is older and older. A while back, a friend of mine gave me an animated GIF which said that after pointing the Hubble Deep Space telescope in a dark part of universe and capturing all the light coming from there for 4 months (Implying a shutter speed of 4 months)(OMG), it captured galaxies forming and scientists predicted that the photo captured is approximately "only" 300 million years old from the "Big Bang".



All is well till now. Extending the same argument, that the farther I try to look in space, the older light I see, or simply put, The farther I try to look, the nearer I get to the Big Bang, There must be a place to observe in the universe where if I look long enough (in order to see older and older light), I should see perhaps the universe just about seconds after the Big Bang, or maybe even the "Singularity" as scientists call it.

Even the above stated fact may not be trouble. The problem comes now. Assume that from your home, you look in the north direction, and are able to see singularity, or maybe just a few seconds after the Big Bang. What do you expect to see if instead of North, you looked in the Southern Sky? Surely you cannot see the Big Bang in the south as well,  because you just looked at it, and it was in the North part of sky, and Big Bang postulates that the universe started from a single point (Singularity).

When I shared this paradox with one of my friends, he said that if the Universe started from a single point, and resulted in the current state, then we should see the big bang unfolding, anywhere and everywhere we look, in the sky, Given that we look long enough...  Like the 4 months of exposure. This implies that the starting point of the Universe, which of course is only one (According to Big Bang) should be scattered everywhere in the Universe and should be visible in any direction of the night sky, (with proper equipment,obviously).



This question has stumped me for quite a while now. There is an excellent chance that one of the assumption that I have made is wrong. After all, I have yet to join a college! If anyone is interested to discuss this "Theory", or has any doubts related to this post,be sure to comment and let me know.

Good day to All!

Comments

Most viewed posts

Jewel of the Summertime - (2022 edition)

Dead Wishes of The Optimist

Ryzen Room - Part 1